Meet More of Our Kind Sponsors
Our Lady of Knock – Port Richmond
The Ancient Order of Hibernians in America, Inc. was organized in New York City in 1836. The Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians was organized in Omaha, Nebraska in 1894 as the Daughters of Erin. The Order pledged itself to God and Country. At the National Convention in Saratoga Springs in 1906, the Ladies received permission from the National Chaplain and the National President of the A.O.H. to function as a separate organization. The name was changed to the Ladies Auxiliary to the Ancient Order of Hibernians in America. In 1984, at the National Constitutional Convention held in Albany, NY, the Ladies voted to change their name to the Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians in America.
LAOH Division 87 was established February 4th 1992. We are located in Port Richmond and our Division Patron is Our Lady of Knock. Our work consists of aiding those in need. Our fundraising techniques include our Irish Potatoes, Designer Bag Bingo, Happy Hours and Beef and Beer events to help those in need. We proudly march each year in the Philadelphia St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Our website at www.laoh87.com
Situated on Chapel Road in historic Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, the D&B shop has stood for nearly half a century as a bastion of old-world craftsmanship and timeless style. The inviting gardens outside hint at the beauty and care of the craft performed within. Inside, an array of rich fabrics and stylish garments lines the walls, helping visitors to imagine the limitless possibilities offered by the bespoke and couture tradition. The unfinished garments on display throughout the store demonstrate the care and attention that goes into every stitch of D&B clothing.
Master Designer Gabriele D’Annunzio personally works with each client to design every garment that bears the name D&B. The son of a master tailor, Gabriele learned the craft as a young boy in Italy, where he and his siblings raised silkworms for the fabric industry. After moving to America, he began working professionally as a tailor at age 15, hand-assembling the armholes on suits. Gabriele’s passion lies in fitting his clients from Philadelphia and the Main Line with the finest bespoke and couture garments available in America. His attentiveness is the backbone of D&B’s superlative personal customer service. Gabriele works with each client individually to achieve a perfect fit and to help them design their one-of-a-kind suits, dresses, coats, gowns, and shirts.
Steamfitters’ Local Union 420 has jurisdiction over all or parts of ten counties in southeastern Pennsylvania for the installation and service of mechanical systems. We service the entire state for gas pipeline distribution. In the area of instrumentation calibration, this “educational local” has jurisdiction over four Northeast states (PA, NJ, DE, NY). Members of the local are proud of their craft, proud of their city, and determined to do everything they can to insure the city and its surrounding suburbs will continue to grow and prosper.Members of Local 420 are career-oriented individuals, proud of their heritage, their superior training and the opportunities offered in their field. Apprentices graduate to become journey workers. Journey workers become foremen, general foremen, superintendents, estimators, project managers, or owners of mechanical construction and service companies. Virtually all graduates of our apprenticeship program stay in their trade, even though many now have management positions with contractor organizations. The sky is the limit for graduates of the “educational local.”
Local 420 is taking care of its members, families, and the community through youth programs, scholarship funds, specialized educational programs, active Participation in local and regional affairs, and vested retirement and health programs to protect its members. Local 420 contributes to future employment opportunities and supporting efforts to revitalize Philadelphia in order to attract new businesses and new employment opportunities for all residents of this metropolitan area.